Practical Night UAV Flight
This one-of-a-kind practical hands-on class, Tactical Drone Operations reveals best practices for night flying. This session will provide information to allow pilots to understand the safety issues and physical challenges presented when flying UAVs at night. This course will ensure a best practice process to sidestep night flight challenges, while properly assessing and managing the risks associated with night flight (as waived per Part 107.29).
After a comprehensive classroom theory session (approximately 2 to 2.5 hours), we will then head out to a pre-agreed upon location for the practical component of this night flight training.
- On-site walkthrough of potential obstacles/issues
- Safety & Emergency procedures (satellites)
- Equipment check, site setup, and basic flight controls
- Equipment check
- Location setup
- Test flights
- Lights – How to use them and where to mount them
- Getting the best shots
- Using the light to your advantage
- Flying techniques
- Camera techniques